To get an occasion in the Outdoors calendar, make contact with Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 1148 or by e mail at
. Deadline is five p.m. Wednesdays.
- April two: Minnesota Sporting Collectibles Show, eight:45 a.m. to two p.m., Medina Entertainment Center, 500 state Highway 55, Medina, Minn. Totally free appraisals, and gear for sale which includes old fishing lures, rods, bobbers, reels, minnow buckets, duck decoys, spearing decoys, hunting gear, marketing indicators, marketing mail, posters, calendars, books, magazines, traps, cabin decor, spears, knives, sporting art, shell boxes, game calls and a lot more 200 tables with seller exhibitors from nine surrounding state. Admission $eight adults, totally free admission below age 16. Information: Dale Eggert, (612) 272-0536 or by e mail at
The Minnesota Division of All-natural Sources is continuing its series of hunting, fishing and outside mastering webinars this winter and spring. The webinars, which are totally free, commence at noon Wednesdays, and pre-registration is needed at
. Webinars also are recorded and readily available on line. Upcoming webinars are as follows:
- April five: Turkey calling tactics. With turkey season suitable about the corner, webinar presenters will go over calling tactics and tools of the trade.
- April 12: DNR Trout stream easements and enhanced angling possibilities. Dusty Hoffman, DNR stream habitat specialist, will go over the finest way to obtain angling easements and how to correctly use easements on some of Minnesota’s finest trout streams. Find out about some habitat improvement projects completed on easements and how these projects improve angling possibilities.
- April 19: The peregrine falcon story. Jackie Fallon, wildlife biologist, master falconer and educator for more than 30 years, will go over what is getting carried out to assist the species in Minnesota and what researchers have found just after 50 years of study. There’ll also be an chance to see a reside falcon up close.
- April 26: Meredith Warmuth, DNR fish hatchery specialist, will share facts about Minnesota’s coldwater hatchery technique, how it advantages trout fishing in Minnesota (and exactly where to obtain them) and how individuals can tour the facilities.
- May well three: Fishing for freshwater drum (aka sheepshead). DNR Ortonville region fisheries supervisor, Chris Domeier, will share facts on when, exactly where and how to fish for freshwater drum in Minnesota. He’ll also cover their life history and how to clean and cook this typically overlooked, native and surprisingly tasty species.
- May well ten: Catching walleyes on opening weekend. DNR Fisheries employees and walleye fishing professionals go over what to anticipate for the upcoming fishing opener and supply some ideas on how to catch early season walleyes. Session will specifically concentrate on southern Minnesota, the place of the 2023 Minnesota Governor’s Fishing Opener, which is in Mankato this year.
- May well 17: Heidi Cyr, nongame wildlife permit coordinator for wildlife rehabilitators, will speak about “orphaned” wildlife, indicators an animal demands assist and the finest approaches to maintain wildlife wild.
- May well 24: Monarch butterfly conservation. Authorities from the Monarch Joint Venture will go over what is getting carried out for monarchs in North America and how to take portion in Minnesota (or wherever you are).
- May well 31: Muskie eating plan secrets revealed. DNR fisheries professionals Brian Herwig, Jim Wolters and Kamden Glade will share the benefits of their current study projects delivering new insights on the diets and ecology of Minnesota muskellunge and associated fishing ideas to assist anglers hook Minnesota’s leading predator this year.
For a lot more facts on any of the black powder shooting events beneath, verify out the
Coon ‘n Crockett Muzzleloader Club’s Facebook web page
or send an e mail to email@example.com.
- June 9-11: Hangfires 47th Annual Rendezvous, Bemidji.
- June 18-24: Higher Plains Regional Rendezvous, Hughes Draw, Black Hills, S.D.
- July 15-16: Bearclaw Muzzleloaders Annual Rendezvous, Height of Land, Minn.
- Aug. five-six: Coon ‘n Crockett Muzzleloaders Shoot, East Grand Forks.
- Aug. 18-20: Lake Nation Mountaineers Black Powder 43rd Annual Rendezvous, Perham, Minn.
- Sept 22-24: Plainsmen 50th Anniversary Shoot & Rendezvous, Georgetown, Minn.
Brad Dokken joined the Herald enterprise in November 1985 as a copy editor for Agweek magazine and has been the Grand Forks Herald’s outdoors editor considering that 1998.
Apart from his part as an outdoors writer, Dokken has an substantial background in northwest Minnesota and Canadian border challenges and offers occasional coverage on these subjects.
Attain him at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (701) 780-1148 or on Twitter at @gfhoutdoor.