22-year-old job seeker mistakenly declared dead

In September, the family of Tyler Chase was devastated to receive notification that he had died from a drug overdose. But three months later, they discovered that the body was actually someone else’s. Chase had been staying at a rehab center and was sober for several months. One day, when he tried to use his food stamps at a department store, he realized his credit card was no longer active. This led him to suspect something was wrong, as he was desperately seeking employment.

When Chase went to authorities to resolve the issue, he was informed that a death certificate had been filed in his name. He contacted the Portland Police, who went to the rehab center where he was staying to investigate the situation. Ultimately, it was discovered that a man living at the rehab center died from an overdose and was mistakenly identified as Chase. His family was mistakenly notified of his death and the body was cremated without being properly identified.

Chase’s cousin, Tasha Rosales, initially thought the news of his being alive was a hoax and raised over a thousand dollars for his cremation. The entire ordeal made Chase realize how easily he could have met the same fate and led him to work with homeless people in Portland. The Multnomah County spokesperson expressed deep regret for the misidentification and new procedures were put in place to prevent such errors from happening again.

Tyler chase’s story is one of tragedy and loss but also of resilience and determination

By Editor

Leave a Reply